Monday, March 12, 2012

I am in love...

With the Kettlebell! Holy crap. This thing is amazing!
Not only does it give you a full body work out  but, you can do a LOT of different exercises with it.  I have been doing the standard swing: 3 reps of 25 with a 15lb kettlebell.  I also do several other exercises but, the standard swing is what REALLY gets your heart rate going and you get a nice sweat as well.  I only did the basic swing 3 times last week but, I am going to try doing it 5 days this week.
     My results last week werent great BUT, I'm not letting it discourage me.  Only lost .7lbs but, lost .25 inches in my waist and 1 inch in my lower gut.  I am incorporating more core friendly exercises in hopes to see more results there.
     Dan and I are also looking into trying out some supplements from Advocare.  My sis is doing the 24 day challenge and is pleased with it and having some gret success.  I'm going to make my final decision after she has completed her challenge and we have a chance to thoroughly discuss it.
     I have benn experimenting with some different recipes as well and thankfully my husband is not afraid to try new recipes.  I am dabbling in the ethnic catagory(mainly indian; surprise surprise!) and we have really enjoyed it.  In the book "The 4 Hour Body", Tim Ferris recommends eating the same few meals over and over again but, I know we would get seriously bored so, I try to be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment